Laura Kaye author of Her Forbidden Hero
Top Ten Reasons to Fall in Love with Marco Vieri
Today I’m very excited to be at Love to Read Romance to share my recent contemporary romance release, Her Forbidden Hero. I simply adored writing this book, which first came to me with the vision of a badly damaged man sitting in the near dark struggling to play the guitar. That’s the way it is for me, usually, a character—and most frequently the hero—will come to me and tell his story. And there haven’t been many heroes I’ve loved writing more than Her Forbidden Hero’s Marco Vieri. So, since I adore heroes, I thought I’d share the top ten reasons I think you just might fall in love with mine:
10) Marco is tortured by the guilt over the deaths of his Army Special Forces teammates. He believes his own failure of judgment caused their deaths, and therefore feels unworthy of the solace and comfort love could provide. He believes he deserves the pain he feels.
9) He is protective of those he loves and selfless to a fault, denying himself what he needs so he can give others—especially his best friend’s younger sister Alyssa—what they need first.
8) He’s has a warrior’s heart. Marco stands for honor, doing what is right, protecting the defenseless and standing up for the innocent. He is a hero in every definition of the word.
7) He has a warrior’s body. Marco is six-foot-three-inches of hard muscle honed under the hardest, most trying circumstances. Even after being discharged from the Army Special Forces, he runs relentlessly and kickboxes to keep his reflexes and instincts sharp. And he has the scars to prove his willingness to sacrifice himself for brothers and country.
6) He has dark hair and bright blue eyes. And it’s a killer combination.
5) He drives a ’67 Mustang. As if Marco wasn’t hot enough, picture him in this car.
4) He is all alpha. From his Special Forces background to risking his life for his country. From his protectiveness to his tortured heart. From his defense of Alyssa over and over to his finally giving in to take what he wants, Marco is the living, breathing embodiment of the strong, alpha male.
3) He knows what he wants, and what he wants is Alyssa Scott. The desire and possessiveness that floods through him shocks even Marco, and when he finally gives in…let’s just say I. Love. That. Scene.
2) He’s a skilled lover. Just ask Alyssa. Whether he’s claiming her in a mountain lake or in his bed, he knows how to please. Me likey! And you will too!
1) He sings and plays the guitar. Did anyone else just melt? Because I know I’m a totally sucker for a hottie with an instrument in his hands!
Need more convincing? Read on…
Warm arms came around his stomach as Alyssa embraced him from behind. Her head settled between his shoulder blades and, without telling his hand to move, he found himself clutching her hands to his chest.
He gave in to the comfort of her touch and absorbed everything he could from her. The magic of her music still swirled in the air, and in his mind’s eye, he saw himself turning in her arms, bending down, clutching her face in his hands, and drawing their mouths together. He’d walk her backward through the house as their hands tugged at shirts and bared skin. They’d end up on the bed and she’d be all splayed out, warm and his for the taking.
Alyssa nuzzled into his back and pressed a kiss against his shoulder.
He sucked in a breath, his erection punching against the fly of his jeans again. But it wouldn’t just be sex. Not with her. The ache in his chest and the constriction in his throat, that was about the part of him that wanted to comfort her and be comforted in return, that wanted companionship and a place to belong. It would be about lo—
He shook his head, clamping down on the tail end of that thought. Without question, Alyssa would give him everything he wanted and more, but what he wanted was just a bunch of fantasy bullshit for someone like him.
It killed him to do so, but he twisted free of her arms and forced himself to face her. Frustration and regret weighed on his shoulders like an anvil. “This”—he waved his finger back and forth between them and swallowed down a river of sadness—“this right here. This can’t happen.”
Alyssa’s expression morphed from surprise into hurt, and the tinge of pink on her cheeks revealed a healthy dose of embarrassment mixed in.
Wasn’t that the sour cherry on his shit sundae? Hurting her was the last thing he wanted to do, but better to hurt her a little now than a lot later.
Aww, Marco! LOL
GIVEAWAY! Did you have a favorite reason to fall in love with Marco Vieri? Comment with your email address and be entered to win an ebook of Her Forbidden Hero! Open to international! Good luck!
You always want what you can't have...
She's always been off-limits...
Former Army Special Forces Sgt. Marco Vieri has never thought of Alyssa Scott as more than his best friend's little sister, but her return home changes that...and challenges him to keep his war-borne demons at bay. Marco's not the same person he was back when he protected Alyssa from her abusive father, and he's not about to let her see the mess he's become.
...but now she's all grown up.
When Alyssa takes a job at the bar where Marco works, her carefree smiles wreak havoc on his resolve to bury his feelings. How can he protect her when he can't stop thinking about her in his bed? But Alyssa's not looking for protection--not anymore. Now that she's back in his life, she's determined to heal her forbidden hero, one touch at a time...
WOW I didn't need 10 reasons to fall in love with Marco, I mean just look at that picture! Then read his story. I loved this book! I have the greatest respect for our military (my son is one), those who serve are the best heroes! Ms. Kaye does a wonderful job of portraying our injured heroes coming home from war with both mental and physical problems. Alyssa has also been through more than her share of hard times which I believe really helps them "fit" together in this story.
If you love military heroes and love to read about them battling their war wounds to find their HEA you will really enjoy this book! I did!
Review copy supplied by publisher for review.
AMAZON Her Forbidden Hero
BARNES & NOBLE Her Forbidden Hero
Voted Breakout Author of the Year in the 2011 Grave Tells Readers’ Choice Awards, Laura is the bestselling and award-winning author of over a half-dozen books in paranormal, contemporary and erotic romance. Hearts in Darkness is the EPIC eBook Award Winner for Best Novella and HOLT Medallion Award of Merit Winner for Best Romance Novella, Forever Freed is the NJRW Golden Leaf Winner for Best Paranormal of 2011 and is a finalist for two GDRWA Booksellers’ Best Awards, and North of Need, the first book in the Hearts of the Anemoi series, is a finalist for a FF&P PRISM award, was named GraveTells’ Best Book of 2011 and won their 5-STAR Gold Heart Award, and won Sizzling Hot Read of the Year at Sizzling Hot Books. Laura lives in Maryland with her husband, two daughters, and cute-but-bad dog, and appreciates her view of the Chesapeake Bay every day.
Website | Blog | Facebook | Twitter | Newsletter SignUp